Saturday 26 July 2014

Here's what I'm thinking...

The other day I shared that my boyfriend and I are planning on moving out of our current home in the somewhat near future. I've been brainstorming what sort of 'look' I want our new place to have, and I pulled together a bunch of inspiration images. 

We will be downsizing significantly from a large 4-bed, 2-bath home to a 1 or 2-bedroom, 1 or 2 bath apartment. We want to embrace William Morris' guidance ("Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful") and purge ourselves of everything that's just STUFF before the big move. This way, we'll love everything in the home and will have space to replace the STUFF with things we truly love--even if it means we watch TV sitting on the floor until we find the perfect sofa :)

All that being said, here's the general look we're shooting for:

Products for the new house


Lots of neutrals and nature-inspired tones, like wood, metal, plants, etc. I want to keep things simple but beautiful, and I want to feel relaxed when I enter my home.

What do you think of our approach to moving?

No comments:

Post a Comment